Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hunter Mountain Ski/Snowboarding Trip

I left on the 21st for a ski/snowboarding trip at Hunter Mountain with a bunch of family friends. We booked the entire Gardner Inn and had the whole place to ourselves, with a kitchen, multiple bedrooms, a pool table, and various rooms that turned into play/party rooms. It was really windy and cold snowboarding the first day, but the conditions weren't terrible. The second day, however, we were all sore from the first day so it was a bit more difficult to snowboard. There weren't that many trails open at Hunter Mountain, but we only went on the blue and a few black diamonds. Blues are pretty relaxing runs and black diamonds take a lot of effort and yet I still fall a few times on the black. While we were at the inn, we played pool, taboo, watched TV and just hung out. It was nice catching up with everyone and spending time with all the other families. We  spent most of Christmas Eve at the inn eating and hanging out, and visited the town of Tannersville for a bit. I ate so much this weekend because all the food the moms cooked were so delicious. Finally satisfied my craving for hotpot since Thanksgiving and had a lot of other good home-cooked Chinese food. I don't think I was ever hungry for the past five days. We also had our Secret Santa exchange and it was great; everyone was happy and high in holiday spirits. I got a lens mug from my secret santa, and the second half of my gift is in the mail. It's four super hero shot glasses. I always forget how much I love hanging out with these people and how much fun we always have. Merry Christmas, everyone!


Christmas lights at the inn.


Such a homey living room.


Our skis and snowboards1


This dog is so cute.


Morning of Christmas Eve.


Jam at the general store in the town of Tannersville.


I really liked the eating area in the general store. 


Cute Christmas tree ornament.


Interesting set of fish cups.


12:00 am on Christmas Day!


After the exchange. 


First half of my gift! :D