Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chilly in the City

I decided to get a haircut on the coldest day of the week and my head had to freeze in the cold today. I had lunch with a friend at El Cocotero, a Venezuelan restaurant in Chelsea. The place was pretty empty when I got there, but the food was not bad. Afterwards, I walked through Chelsea Market, my first time in there. It's really cozy inside with a lot of small shops. The interior was very unique with a lot of old-fashioned decoration, but they looked really nice. From there, we walked up the Highline Park. I've been there a few weeks ago on a sunny day, but it was still pretty nevertheless on the cloudy day. Everything still looked nice, but in a different way. It was way too cold to be walking up the Highline today, so we cut it short and went to the 1 train at 28th Street.



Some Venezuelan sandwich with beef. Not bad.


It was really foggy and smokey in the city today.


Inside Chelsea Market.


Highline!


Up 10th Avenue.


18th Street.


Looks too cold to sit. 


I don't know why it's all taxis...