Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ramen and Ice Cream

I had a really long day today, beginning with a 2-hour drive to Philly to practice at the indoor paddling pool. Having not paddled for over half a year made it really difficult and tiring today. The place was really nice and I guess is as close as it gets to paddling on an actual dragonboat. After another 2-hour car ride, I hung out with a few people in Chinatown before the paddling practice at the YMCA. I wasn't planning on going to that, but got persuaded. It wasn't any easier at the pool, especially since I was already sore from the morning. After the YMCA, the fun begins. Me and three other friends went to Minca Ramen for dinner, and I ordered the Minca Sio Ramen. It was delicious, and the pork was really good. Then we walked a few blocks to Big Gay Ice Cream Shop and I got the Salty Pimp (vanilla ice cream, dulce de leche, sea salt, chocolate dip) and it was also really good. A great way to end a day of hard work. I then met up with other friends at Times Square and wandered around there. Overall, it was a really productive day, if not the most productive day all break.


Minca Sio Ramen.


Very colorful logo.


Salty Pimp.