Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter Storm Nemo

After classes and work today, I ventured out to take photos of the Winter Storm Nemo because everything was so pretty. I went on a trail that ran along the gorges where everything was white without the nasty dirty slush from the streets. The snowflakes were so big and the snow on the ground was so fluffy. I don't have my boots in Ithaca, so I was slipping everywhere I went. Besides that, though, the snow was really nice and it wasn't even that cold!


Fluffy snow.


Trail from Collgetown towards Rhodes.


Everything was white..


The few leaves along the trail.


Sheet of ice over the stream.


Foot bridge.


Collegetown was not shoveled at all.


Outside CTB.

Additionally, I also watched Finding Nemo in honor of the storm being named Nemo. Then see that it was snowing so hard, we decided to check off one of the 161 things to do before we graduate: sledding down Libe Slope. It was great. There were at least 30 other people at the slope doing the same thing and the hill was perfect (minus the walk up). On my way back, I picked up a 'No Winter Maintenance' sign as a prize of honor. The sign will be what I'll remember Cornell by after I graduate..



Getting ready to head home after the Cornell Police showed up.


Celebrating my prize.


New apartment decoration!