Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Twenty-One

So far my birthday week has been great. The weekend started off really well going out with a bunch of friends o surprisingly-good parties in Collegetown. There hasn't been a weekend like this in a long time, where the music at the parties were good and the atmosphere was nice as well.

On Saturday I received early birthday presents and balloons from CSA littles. I got a jenga set that is similar to Kings, abright colorful fairy wand that lights up, Hello Panda cookies, and birthday balloons. The entire Saturday I didn't feel like doing anything, so I took several naps throughout the day and went out later at night.

When it turned midnight on my birthday, I was actually on my way home from Statler Library. I was there doing work and exploring the different rooms in the hotel school. It was a productive, yet fun, night just hanging out in Statler and doing silly things late at night. On the way back, I stopped by 7-11 and bought my first legal six-pack! While I was in my room, my roommates surprised me with a cupcake from CTB (with a toothpick/drawn-on candle). It was a nice way to start my day, with a cupcake at midnight and talking about Slope Day, senior year, and all that happy stuff. Tuesday night, we sake bombed at Miyake's, and they forgot to charge us for the sake. Then, of course, we came back to our apartment and feasted on Insomnia Cookies and ice cream. All in all, it was a great twenty-first birthday with awesome people here at Cornell.

I also received a call from my niece singing happy birthday to me in Chinese and English. I wish I could record it...


Midnight cupcake with the paper candle!


New room decorations.