Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer 2013

This summer I will be living in Lower East Side in New York City and commuting everyday to work at Stamford, CT. I'll be working as a Global Transportation Intern at the Elizabeth Arden office in Stamford. I'm pretty excited for this internship because from what I understand, it seems like I will be working on projects very closely related to what I just learned this last semester. It'll be exciting to be able to apply what I learned from ORIE classes to projects at work. I'm also really excited to be living in the city this summer with a few friends from Tulane and Yale. It'll be my first time living in the city, and perhaps my last because the rent is just too expensive. I feel like I have to live in the city at least once at some point in my life and what other time is better to live in the city than when I'm still in college. I have more freedom before I work full time and if I don't like it it'll only be three months. I hope to take advantage of all the perks of living in the city, go to different places around the city and just explore the city in general.

I will bring my camera with me as much as possible this summer and take as many photos as I can. I will post them here as opposed to on a separate photo blog since there are already so much photos here. I might as well keep all my photos in one place instead of splitting them up into different sub-blogs.

So cheers to the start of an exciting and eventful summer!